Sunday, December 9, 2007

I want it all

Today was a very beautiful day.Not really as if in weather but more as in a good time to receive a Gohonzon. One of my district members, who is an Indian woman who lives and works at this moment in Eindhoven, received her Gohonzon today. This meant that I had to leave early to our National Cultural Center in Zeist of SGI-NL. After the ceremony there where a few cultural acts of members. After the meeting we all went home to prepare us for the enshrinement on 16.00 hrs at her apartment. Besides 6 members there where also a few colleagues of her. After the official part, her colleagues started to ask questions about Nichiren Buddhism. Those we tried to answer as good as possible. During this dialogue we also talked about the origin of Buddhism. It surprised me how little my co-members knew about the origin of Buddhism. Maybe it would be a good subject for a distirct meeting.
André

No comments: